Legal Aid of West Virginia is providing free legal information, assistance and advice for flood victims.
For more information, call the Flood Recovery Legal Help Hotline: 1-877-331-4259.
The legal and administrative issues created in the wake of a disaster are numerous, and resolving them is critical to helping victims fully restore their lives and property.
More legal information related to natural disasters can be found at: www.lawv.net/Resources/Self-Help-Library/Disaster-Recovery
Legal Aid of West Virginia is a statewide nonprofit organization providing free assistance to low-income and vulnerable people with noncriminal legal issues that affect areas of basic need such as safety, housing, and access to income, benefits, education and healthcare.
People in flood-impacted communities can get help with:
- Filing insurance claims
- Dealing with contracts for repairs
- Problems with mortgage companies and damaged homes
- Replacing important legal documents
- Problems with landlords of damaged rental housing
- Contesting insurance claim denials.